slurp v : eat noisily; "He slurped his soup"
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)p
Yahoo! Slurp (Slurp) is a web crawler from Yahoo! group. It crawls the web and puts content into the Yahoo! Search engine. Slurp is based on Inktomi's web search technology - Inktomi was acquired by Yahoo! in late 2002.
Slurp identifies itself by using the following User agent strings:
* Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp; http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/slurp) * Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! Slurp China; http://misc.yahoo.com.cn/help.html)
- Yahoo! Search Resources for Webmasters
- Yahoo! Slurp's official FAQ
- How can I reduce the number of requests you make on my web site?
- Yahoo! Site Explorer is a webmaster tool that lets you access the information Yahoo! has about a site's online presence. You can see which sites and subpages are indexed by Yahoo! Search, track sites that link into web pages, and view the most popular pages from any site. More...
- Yahoo! Search Blog
- Yahoo! Weather Report Blog Posts
aspirate, beverage, breathe in, bumper, draft, dram, draw in, drench, drink, drinking, eating, engorgement, engulfment, gulp, gulping, guzzle, imbibition, ingestion, ingurgitation, inhale, inspire, lap, lap up, libation, lick, nip, peg, portion, potation, pull, quaff, sip, slosh, smack, sniff, sniffle, snort, snuff, snuff in, snuffle, soak up, sponge up, suck, suck in, suckle, sup, swallow, swallowing, swig, swill, tot, wolf down